Classic Morocco Tour
Our Classic 11-Day Tours of Morocco include:
- Casablanca is Morocco’s largest city, combining French and Moorish architecture. The Royal Palace and the world’s third largest mosque are located on the fabulous Corniche oceanside promenade. We will visit the Great Synagogue and the Jewish Museum, and dine at Rick’s Café – a highlight for lovers of the city’s most famous movie!
- Rabat is the capital city and seat of the Moroccan royal family. Our tour will include the exterior of the Royal Palace, the impressive Hassan Tower, the Mohammed V Mausoleum, and the beautiful Oudayas Gardens.
- Meknes was once the Imperial City of the Almohad dynasty and its surviving walls and gates are beautiful examples of Moorish architecture. We will also explore the ruined Roman villa at V
- Fez is the spiritual heart of Morocco, festooned with minarets. We will visit the stunning Karaouine Mosque and the first university in the world at Fez El Bali, and the Medina Royal Palace (a UNESCO World Heritage Site) in Fez El Jdid. We will also tour the Jewish Quarter, whose craftsmen still produce the finest ironwork, and the Mellah Jewish Cemetery.
- Marrakech is known as the “Red City” because of its red sandstone architecture. We will visit the Majorelle Gardens, restored by Yves Saint Laurent, and the bazaar in Djemaa El Fna Square. We will tour the Jewish Mellah district and the Alzama Synagogue, the impressive Menara Gardens and the historic Medina – a fortified city packed with market stalls.
- Exploring the natural and historic highlights of this diverse country, we will see the snow-capped High Atlas Mountainsand stay at the Tomboctou hotel in the Sahara Desert. We will visit the Berber walled town of Aït Benhaddou with its famous Kasbah,the garrison town Ouarzazate where “Lawrence of Arabia” was filmed, Erfoud – a town built from red sand – and the famous sand dunes of Merzouga that reach heights of 160 meters.
- Enjoy a traditional Moroccan cooking class, learning how to make classic Moroccan dishes.
- The Chez Ali exotic 1001 Arabian Nights Show combines a traditional dinner with Moroccan folk music and an exciting display by dancers, acrobats and horse riders, inside authentic Berber tents.
If you do not have time for our 11-day Classic Morocco tour, Shatour can design shorter customized tours of Morocco to match the interests of your group and to suit your pace.
We can take you to the classic tourist sites and off the beaten track, building your itinerary to combine the perfect blend of ancient and modern, engaging and exciting. We are open to hearing what you want to see and planning your itinerary together with you.